ask an Admin
Number Hunter Academy
Welcome to NHA
and have a good time
Pls try to be active
and to apply for staff
ask an Admin
Number Hunter Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number Hunter Academy

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Hi guys welcome to NHA. Please try to bring other people to this academy. For each person you recruit you get 100 NHA points

Working on Side Deck options...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkChaosKaxi
DarkChaosKaxi

Member Title : Member

Working on Side Deck options... Empty
PostSubject: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:11 pm

I'm over here looking through my side deck and realized that there isn't much to go from. I normally don't change, so I don't utilize a side deck. I've been looking at very situational cards that would normally only work against certain decks. Is that the proper way to approach this?

For example...
Karma Cut against decks that utilize the grave in any significant fashion. [Lightsworns, Dark World]
Mind Crush against add decks. [Madolches, combines well with Karma Cut]
Grave of the Super Ancient Organism against high level focus decks. [E Dragons, Synchro-focused]
Compulsory Evacuation Device for situational utility. [XYZ-focused, Synchro-focused]
Creature Seizure and Creature Swap against single-focus decks. [Lots of cases]

Are there any other cards of which I should be made aware and add to my side deck?
Back to top Go down
Gorz
Gorz

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Yes it is, Good side cards are x2 effect veilier, 1 max C, Debunk, Maybe skill drain depending on your deck. And if u dont like staples in your deck maybe Mst x2, Royal decree if u dont run many traps in main deck and so on. I also dont utilize a side deck sinse i only do single duels. but when i do have to do a match i might side or just keep the same thing. And if ur running Dino rabbit i heard Snow man eater x2 is good in the side.
Back to top Go down
Sterling Archer
Sterling Archer

Member Title : World's Greatest Secret Agent

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:47 pm

DarkChaosKaxi wrote:
I'm over here looking through my side deck and realized that there isn't much to go from. I normally don't change, so I don't utilize a side deck. I've been looking at very situational cards that would normally only work against certain decks. Is that the proper way to approach this?

For example...
Karma Cut against decks that utilize the grave in any significant fashion. [Lightsworns, Dark World]
Mind Crush against add decks. [Madolches, combines well with Karma Cut]
Grave of the Super Ancient Organism against high level focus decks. [E Dragons, Synchro-focused]
Compulsory Evacuation Device for situational utility. [XYZ-focused, Synchro-focused]
Creature Seizure and Creature Swap against single-focus decks. [Lots of cases]

Are there any other cards of which I should be made aware and add to my side deck?
karma cut isnt a good of a card.
mind crush is good side
grave of the super ancient isnt very good since there are xyz monsters.
rivalry of war worlds is better card
device is ok
creature swap i have doubts on ,
Back to top Go down
timmy0707
timmy0707

Member Title : The weird kid who lives around the corner

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 am

If you don't run them already, put a dark hole and a heavy storm in your side. Other cards I would advise include a cyber dragon + chimeratech overload against machine heavy decks, mind control if you run either omniheroes or synchros, starlight road for obvious reasons (i hope), the virus cards if your deck is dark-type heavy, and maybe a rivalry of warlords or gozen match, if your deck suits it. Other card I would include have already been mentioned.
Back to top Go down
! NerverMind !
! NerverMind !

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:16 am

What about mind drain for ele-drag user ?
Back to top Go down
Gorz
Gorz

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 am

Could u post the deck that u are using right now that would possibly involve that?
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosKaxi
DarkChaosKaxi

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:14 am

I'm a tad squeamish to post up my deck, but I guess now is good a time as any.

Deck Profile -IMG-:

I'm currently tempted to do changes in my main deck... for example removing Fulisier completely in lieu of Beast King Barbaros [but it would limit possible Rank 7 XYZ summons with the Mechas without Level Eater]. I'm also contemplating removing Limit Impulse completely, as well, seeing as its cost is just too high for the gain. Three cards for two tribute-only tokens is a tad much even though they have really helped me in the past.

Deck Profile -TEXT-:

As for the Side Deck, I put multiples of the cards because taking just one of a card seems almost ineffective unless you topdeck that 2.5% draw. Go ahead and comment.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosKaxi
DarkChaosKaxi

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 pm

48-hour bump. O:
Back to top Go down
Sterling Archer
Sterling Archer

Member Title : World's Greatest Secret Agent

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:01 pm

this deck needs to be fixed alot.take out the traps in side deck.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosKaxi
DarkChaosKaxi

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Sterling Archer wrote:
this deck needs to be fixed alot.take out the traps in side deck.

I won't argue that the deck needs work. I'm also asking for tips in side decking in a sense of...what SHOULD be side-decked to counter other decks. I've been looking into options right now, and I'm definitely going to be updating my deck. It's gone positive, but I feel that many times I'll get trapped by meta decks in OTK combos.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on Side Deck options...   Working on Side Deck options... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working on Side Deck options...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1